Michelle Loretta is half of the team at Sage Wedding Pros. They help small wedding and event business make smarter decisions and thrive.
In this episode we cover some really great tips and advice for solo creatives:
- Office solutions that combine the best of both worlds of working from “home” and from an “office”.
- The distinction between thinking of yourself as a freelance creative vs. a small business owner.
- A smarter way to set your sales goals.
- A new way to look at what a “business plan” means, why it’s not as daunting as you think, and why you should do it.
- How to forecast your revenues and manage your finances (even when it’s anathema to you).
- There’s a fun bonus segment after the credits.
Subscribe in iTunes | RSS Feed
Discounts on Sage Wedding Pros Products
Sage offers an array products and resources for small businesses of all kinds. Many are free. Use the coupon code “solo” and get 10% of any of their products.
Click here to see all they have to offer.
Be Sage Conference
A lot listeners to the podcast are professional creatives that serve the wedding and event industry. For that reason, I’m excited to announce that I’ll be one of the featured speakers at the BeSageConference put on by Sage. I’ll be speaking on the topic of New Media Marketing. The five key things you’ll learn from me at this conference are:
- How to determine the right kind of content to produce for your audience.
- How to use a transmedia marketing strategy to communicate to your audience.
- How to monetize your content and platform (beyond simple sponsorships).
- How to be an “executive producer” of engaging original content when you lack the technical skills.
- How to leverage the platform you already have to find sponsors and collaborators.
Other topics include:
- What should I be doing to prepare for my personal financial future?
- What about 401ks, IRAs, etc?
- How can I improve my body language to maximize my sales?
- How can I protect my brand against defamation, bad reviews, crazy people, and gossip?
- How can I create a cash flow plan for my business?
- How can I build a team that will replicate my artistry? How can I diversify my revenue streams?
Below are all the speakers.
- Official show theme song: “Gettin’ Paid, Pt. II” by Alec’s Band. CC BY.
Leave a Reply