Leave it to Radio Film School to turn a funny anecdote about swing dancing into a valuable lesson for filmmakers and artists of all kinds.
Why are we artists and creatives so obsessed with awards and competitions? There’s a perverse irony in the fact that something as personal and subjective as “art” can be judged in the first place. With the 2016 Academy Awards Oscar celebration behind us, I felt compelled to produce a bonus episode of the show to address what I feel is an important lesson we filmmakers, and artists in general, should heed. Enjoy!
Legally License Music for Your Production
If you need to legally license music for your productions, from every genre, look no further than Song Freedom. Click here and use offer code radio for a one-time Standard Gold Level license worth $30.
Learn How Stillmotion Tells Emmy Award-winning Stories
Stillmotion’s Muse Storytelling is the process they use to tell the kind of stories that has helped them garner five Emmys, and go from shooting weddings to shooting the Super Bowl. They’ve generously offered our listeners a special offer. Details are in the episode.
Grow in Your Craft and Career
We’re also supported by YOU, the listeners. Become a Dare Dreamer FM Premium member and gain access to bonus episodes, ebooks, templates, and other resources to help you grow in your craft and career.
Music in this Episode
- Main Stem by U.S. Army Blues. Public Domain.
- As I Figure by Kevin MacLeod. CC BY.
- Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen by the Andrew Sisters. Public Domain on Archive.org,.
- Passing Fields by Quantum Jazz. CC BY-SA.
- Night on the Docks – Sax by Kevin MacLeod. CC BY.
- Little Lily Swing by Tri-Tachyon. CC BY.
- Sing, Sing, Sing by Benny Goodman. Public Domain on Archive.org.
Leave a Reply