In part 2 of my “Best of…” series, we hear a few of my favorite guest stories. We end with a poignant commentary about developing your style.
Statistics show that most podcasts peter off in the first six weeks. We’re now six MONTHS strong into ours, and it’s only getting better. Six months of a “Radiolab” and “This American Life” style show about the art and craft of cinema and filmmaking, delivered EVERY WEEK, has been quite a feat. Six months of stories that will inspire, encourage and/or just flat-out entertain. Whether you’re a filmmaker, a photographer, or any other kind of artist, the themes and topics we explore will connect with you.
To celebrate this milestone, we’re looking back at some of our favorite stories. In Part 1, I shared a few of my favorite personal stories. Today, I’m sharing a few guest stories that have stood out to me:
- Sky City Haya producer Thom Weinland’s funny discovery” about the “Wizard of Oz”
- Me and show regular JD get into one of our typical debates
- Celebrated spoken word artist Marshall Davis Jones is back with the funny story behind how he trained his voice and testing it out on John Leguizamo
- FilmRiot host Ryan Connolly shares how absolutely everything went wrong on his “U.F. Oh Yeah” film set
- Phillip Bloom offers filmmaking perspective
- Peabody award-winning filmmaker Elaine McMillion Sheldon and I talk about women in film
- And award-winning wedding filmmaker Kevin Shahinian gives valuable insight about finding your style
Legally License Music for Your Production
If you need to legally license music for your productions, from every genre, look no further than Song Freedom. Click here and use offer code radio for a one-time Standard Gold Level license worth $30.
Learn How Stillmotion Tells Emmy Award-winning Stories
Stillmotion’s Muse Storytelling is the process they use to tell the kind of stories that has helped them garner five Emmys, and go from shooting weddings to shooting the Super Bowl. They’ve generously offered our listeners a special offer. Details are in the episode.
Grow in Your Craft and Career
We’re also supported by YOU, the listeners. Become a Dare Dreamer FM Premium member and gain access to bonus episodes, ebooks, templates, and other resources to help you grow in your craft and career.
Music in this Episode
- “Please Listen Carefully” by Jahzzar. CC BY-SA.
- Le Jazz – Hot A. Courtesy of Song Freedom. All rights reserved.
- Datpiff by The Good Lawdz. CC BY-SA.
- Porch Blues by Kevin MacLeod
- Requiem for a Fish by The Freak Fandango Orchestra.
- Wake Up by Kai Engel. CC BY.
- Through Another Man’s Eyes by Cullah. CC BY-SA.
- Two Days by Jahzzar. CC BY-SA.
- Divider by Chris Zabriskie. CC BY.
- Places Unseen by Rosevere. CC BY-SA.
Leave a Reply