The Official Website of Ron Dawson now is: https://daredreamer.com
Last month we had one of the most attended NAB Shows ever. But in true Radio Film School style, our “coverage” of it won’t be what you expect.
The National Association of Broadcasters (aka NAB) had its annual expo and convention last month. There were over 100,000 people in attendance. And as is the case every year, NAB was the place to find all the most anticipated tech, tools, and toys that will be the next, over-hyped “game-changer.” This week on the show we’re going to talk about technology and the role it plays in the lives of storytellers and filmmakers. But if you are expecting a run-down of the latest and greatest cameras, drones, lenses, microphones, digital recorders and capture cards, I’m sorry to disappoint you. You won’t find that here.
However, if you enjoy a deeper conversation about technology and how we as filmmakers relate to it, the good and the bad, then sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
This week we hear from:
- David Shulman, executive director of The Seattle Film Institute
- James Kaelan, editor-in-chief of BRIGHT IDEAS Magazine, the print publication arm of filmmaking crowdfunding site seed&spark
- Rollo Wenlock, CEO of Wipster
- Patrick Moreau, Emmy award-winning filmmaker of Stillmotion
- Mara Tasker, head of original content creation at seed&spark
Music in this Episode
In order of appearance, the music in this episode:
- Somnolence by Kai Engel (CC BY). I pretty much used Kai’s newest album as this episode’s soundtrack.
- Anxiety by Kai Engel (CC BY)
- Delirium by Kai Engel
- Oneiri by Kai Engel (CC BY)
- Tapes by Gumbel (CC BY)
- Comatose by Kai Engel (CC BY)
- Sopor by Kai Engel (CC BY)
- Another Version of You by Chris Zabriskie (CC BY)
- Laserdisc by Chris Zabriskie (CC BY)
- Fortsetzung Folgt by Gumbel (CC BY)
- Levels by Gumbel (CC BY)
Click here to learn about Creative Commons licenses and meanings.
Learn How Stillmotion Tells Emmy Award-winning Stories
Stillmotion’s Muse Storytelling is the process they use to tell the kind of stories that has helped them garner five Emmys, and go from shooting weddings to shooting the Super Bowl. They’ve generously offered our listeners a special offer. Details are in the episode.
Wipster + Adobe Premiere Pro
We’re thrilled to have Wipster join the Radio Film School family. Use the offer code “RFSandWipster” and get your first seat for just $13/month. Go to Wipster.io to sign up.
Wipster now has a built-in panel that allows you to share your video directly from within Premiere Pro, and you’ll be able to see client’s feedback on that video directly within Premiere. Check out their 1-minute walk-through.
Grow in Your Craft and Career
We’re also supported by YOU, the listeners. Become a Dare Dreamer FM Premium member and gain access to bonus episodes, ebooks, templates, and other resources to help you grow in your craft and career.